Second installment of flagship Hollywood Series adds world-class Brass to award-winning Strings for pure Hollywood magic
Hollywood, CA – EASTWEST, the industry leader in virtual software instruments, follows their multiple award-winning Hollywood Strings Virtual Instrument with Hollywood Brass, a massive 150GB instrument that features unprecedented sound quality and the brand new PLAY 3 playback engine for the very latest in performance and control.
The second installment in the Hollywood series, Hollywood Brass is an epic achievement, once again combining the talents of Shawn Murphy, Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen. Recorded in place at EastWest Studio 1, widely regarded as the “best brass recording room in the entire world” with 5 user-controllable mic positions, Hollywood Brass is designed to work seamlessly with Hollywood Strings (and the upcoming Woodwinds and Percussion) for the ultimate in virtual Hollywood scoring.
“Hollywood Brass is the most powerful, realistic and extensive brass library ever created. There is a focus and ease of use in this Virtual Instrument that is unprecedented,” said producers Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen. “Hollywood Brass runs flawlessly in the completely revamped PLAY 3 engine and has 10 times the content and detail than its closest competitor, without any additional complexity or clutter. New revolutionary fanfare patches are light on computer resources, but offer the most playable and instantly gratifying results on just one midi channel. But words are just words. Once you experience Hollywood Brass, you will see that this is EastWest’s finest creation to date.”
Hollywood Brass is approximately 150 gigabytes of pure Hollywood magic and includes Solo Trumpet, 2 Trumpets, 3 Trumpets, Solo French Horn, 2 French Horns, 6 French Horns, Solo Trombone, 2 Tenor + 1 Bass Trombone, Solo Tuba, Solo Cimbasso, and a low brass section consisting of 2 Tenor Bones, 1 Bass Trombone, 1 Tuba and 1 Cimbasso. A world-class group of brass artists was gathered for a sampling marathon that lasted for 21 straight 11-hour days followed by a year of post-production.
An exhaustive list of articulations and techniques make Hollywood Brass the most expressive and realistic orchestral brass library on the market:
• True legato intervals at 3 dynamics that are smooth and realistic in all situations
• Polyphonic legato
• True connected legato repetitions at 3 dynamics
• Sustained legato samples from pp all the way to fff
• True double tonguing for all instruments and sections
• Expressive sustains
• Mute sustains and staccatos
• 8 way staccato round robin at 4 dynamics
• 4 way round robin marcato short at 3 dynamics
• 4 way round robin marcato long at 3 dynamics
• Multi dynamic playable runs patches that will inject real life into brass compositions
• Trills at 3 dynamics
• Multi speed and multi dynamic repetition performances that work flawlessly with PLAY’s superior time engine
• Multi speed time synced crescendos
• Multi dynamic portato that will breath life into softer compositions
• Flutter tongue
• Slide trombone legato
• Various effects and clusters and more
Hollywood Brass also includes new brass reverb impulses taken from the smash hit convolution reverb Quantum Leap SPACES.
Hollywood Brass key features:
• Produced by Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, and Thomas Bergersen
• Sound engineered by Shawn Murphy – Academy Award, C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society), BAFTA, and EMMY award-winning sound engineer
• Extensive multiple-dynamic “true legato” solo and ensemble brass, with multiple sized sections and mutes
• 5 user-mixable mic positions, extensive articulations, and no shortcuts!
• Includes new PLAY 3 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC, powerful scripting for ease of use, more user control and detail than any other collection, all recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP Hollywood Brass Diamond Edition will be available on July 10 for $995 MSRP ($795 introductory offer) and Hollywood Brass Gold Edition will be available for $595 MSRP ($495 introductory offer). For complete product information, demos, and ordering information, visit http://www.soundsonline.com/Hollywood-Brass or http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Hollywood-Brass for European customers.