Deadline for AES137 Pre-Registration Extended to Midnight, Monday, October 6 – Last Chance for FREE Exhibits-Plus Badges and Discounted Premium All Access Badge
New York, NY, October 3, 2014 — If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!, and pre-registration for FREE Exhibits-Plus badge and discounted All Access badges is wrapping up on Monday, October 6, at midnight. Now is the time to register to be a part of the world’s largest gathering of audio professionals for three days of exhibits and four days of workshops, technical papers, program content, and the latest audio gear. The AES137 Convention is taking place October 9-12, 2014, at the Los Angeles Convention Center – come be a part of our largest West Coast convention in 10 years! Click Here to get your FREE Exhibits-Plus Badge or discounted All Access Badge today.
The AES invites you to join us for opening ceremonies on the first day of the show, Thursday, October 9, featuring a keynote by acclaimed engineer, musician and record producer Alan Parsons and a presentation of awards to industry leaders. Friday’s keynote speech will be given by Neil Portnow, President/CEO The Recording Academy®, The GRAMMY Foundation® and MusiCares. Additionally, top audio professionals including Bob Ludwig, Andrew Scheps, Ed Cherney, Chris Lord-Alge, Lisa Loeb, Jack Joseph Puig, George Massenburg and others are slated as featured speakers at the convention’s many special events, sharing their unique perspective with show attendees.
Other highlights of the AES137 Convention are set to include:
- Product Studio Expo: a popular series of practical training events taking place on the exhibition floor targeted to the burgeoning market of project and home studio facilities around the world.
- Live Sound Expo: offering expert advice for the broad spectrum of live sound engineers with an emphasis on the practical, bringing professionals with decades of experience to the stage to inspire and educate attendees.
- Hi-Res Audio Sessions: A six-hour program presented in association with the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG), featuring panels and sessions addressing the current and future direction of hi-res audio with the top players in the music and consumer electronics business.
- The Latin Panel: “Great Producers from Latin America” (in Spanish), top producers share their perspective on the hot music scene in Latin America.
- DTV Audio Group Forum: The Implications of Streamed Content Delivery on the Evolution of Television Audio Services, leaders in the Broadcast Industry share insights on the future of television sound.
- Platinum Engineers Panel: with special guests Dave Pensado and Herb Trawick (co-hosts of popular weekly internet series Pensado’s Place), discussing studio technique and engineering as well as the pressures of creating online television.
- Platinum Mastering Panel: moderated by legendary mastering engineer Bob Ludwig, discussing hi-res audio from the perspective of those making the music.
- Richard C. Heyser Memorial Lecture: presented by legendary game audio director and composer Marty O’Donnell shares his experience working on the Halo series and the challenges of nonlinear media.
- Chicks in the Mix: moderated by acclaimed producer and mixer Chris Lord-Alge, featuring a panel of well-known female industry professionals, including Lisa Loeb, Emily Lazar (September Mourning lead vocalist) and others discussing the unique challenges faced by women in this industry.
- GRAMMY® SoundTables: “Songs That Move The Needle: Producers on Producing,” moderated by Ed Cherney, featuring Alex da Kid, Don Was, Niko Bolas, No I.D., and Michael Brauer.
- Sound Is the Conduit to the Artist Heart: presented by acclaimed producer/engineer/technologist Jack Joseph Puig, a panel discussing the intersection of pro audio and mobile and what is the future of audio considering this paradigm shift.
Two badge packages are available: the Exhibits-Plus Badge (free) and the All Access Badge.
Exhibits-Plus badges are your free ticket to attending the AES Exhibition. Additionally, your Exhibits-Plus badge will give you access to Project Studio Expo, Live Sound Expo, Special Events and more. Best of all, Exhibits-Plus badges are completely free! (advance registration required.)
All Access badges are available to anyone looking to take their knowledge and professional career to the next level. AES will once again be the meeting place for the top names in audio engineering to deliver a diverse program of workshops, tutorials, papers and more on the latest developments in professional audio. All Access badge-holders may attend all on-site AES events. (Tickets for tech tours cost extra and can be purchased on-site.)
For further information about the FREE Exhibits-Plus badges, premium All Access badges, Technical Program, complete list of events and more, visit http://www.aes.org/events/137/.